QueerAsFolk Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biography

Go down

Biography Empty Biography

Post by Ally Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:42 pm

GALE HAROLD

Biography 1162473

Name : Gale Harold
Birth Name : Gale Morgan Harold III
Date of Birth : 10 July, 1969
Place of Birth : Decatur, Georgia, United States
Nationality : American
Profession : Actor (theatre and screen)
Height : 6' 1 ½ ''

Gale Harold Trivia

Arrow Worked as a carpenter and motorcycle mechanic before being cast in "Queer as Folk" (2000).

Arrow Avid reader of The Nation magazine.

Arrow Calls the city of Toronto his home.

Arrow Began acting at the age of 28.

Arrow Has an older sister and a younger brother.

Arrow Attended South West Dekalb High School and The Lovett School.

Arrow Past influences were Jack London, Gandalf & David Bowie.

Arrow Was raised in a Pentecostal household.

Arrow In 2007, two years after Queer as Folk went off the air, Harold and Randy Harrison's characters Brian and Justin won an only poll sponsored by the website Gay.com to choose TV's "Favorite Gay Couple." They won in a landslide, with 35% of the on-line vote.

source: wikipedia.com

Last edited by Ally on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ally
Ally
Admin
Admin

Virgo Posts : 1179

Back to top Go down

Biography Empty Re: Biography

Post by Ally Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:30 pm

Career

In 2000, Harold landed the controversial role of unapologetic gay man Brian Kinney, a central character on Showtime's popular gay drama Queer as Folk, a breakthrough performance that included a level of explicit gay male sex unusual for American television. Brian Kinney's character, as well as the show itself, elicited quite a great deal of controversy. It was alternately lauded and criticized for its explicit depictions of gay club life. The show ran for five successful seasons, ending in 2005.
Biography 55_1188807272_1582887

Harold had the lead role of Special Agent Graham Kelton in the short-lived FOX series Vanished in 2006, but his character was killed off in the seventh episode and appeared only as a corpse in the eighth episode.
Biography Vanished-1x03-promo-00

Harold also guest-starred as Wyatt Earp in two episodes of the HBO series Deadwood and appeared twice on the CBS series The Unit.

Biography Deadwood_galeharold_11-16_adult_vig

Alongside childhood idol David Bowie, Gale is an associate producer of the documentary Scott Walker: 30 Century Man.
Biography Kijak_NewScottPoster09sml

Gale Harold returned to the New York stage in Tennessee Williams' play Suddenly Last Summer on November 15, 2006, in the role of Dr. Cukrowicz ("Dr. Sugar"). Harold's co-stars in the Roundabout Theatre repertory production, a limited Off-Broadway engagement running through January 20, 2007, were Blythe Danner and Carla Gugino.
Biography Images-1

Harold was the male lead in the indie romantic comedy Falling for Grace, which debuted favorably at the 2006 Tribeca Film Festival (under working title East Broadway). Harold played an eligible New York bachelor in an inter-racial relationship with an Asian-American woman. The film screened at festivals, theaters and campuses in the U.S., China and Germany; it was released on DVD in March, 2010.
Biography Images-2

Gale appeared in November 2007 in a guest role on ABC's Grey's Anatomy as Shane, a paramedic and white supremacist with a swastika tattooed on his abdomen, who is injured in an ambulance crash.
Biography 03C003C000767270-photo-sandra-oh-chandra-wilson-et-gale-harold-dans-grey-s-anatomy

Harold joined the cast of Desperate Housewives on the fourth season finale May 18, 2008 as Jackson Braddock, Susan Mayer's love interest. Six months after his serious motorcycle accident, Harold returned to play Jackson on the May 3, 2009 episode of the show.
Biography 293DHhatcherharoldlc101508

In 2008, Gale Harold plays the role of Karl in "Passenger Side" The movie was shot on location in Los Angeles in May 2008, and the story follows two brothers who spend the day driving around the City of Angels looking for the meaning of their lives and cheap street drugs.
Biography Gale4smo

In January and February of 2010, Gale performed alongside Denise Crosby (Star Trek TNG) and ex-model Claudia Mason in Tennessee Williams' Orpheus Descending at Theater/Theatre in Los Angeles. The production and cast received mostly positive reviews, with the Los Angeles Times calling his performance "brilliant" and adding "Harold, ideally cast, beautifully ignites with Crosby, whose unconventional interpretation is an affecting revelation."
Biography OrpheusLA460

In July of 2010, it was announced at the Television Critics Association Summer Tour that Harold had accepted a recurring role as a law professor in the upcoming series Hellcats. Executive Producer Kevin Murphy said of him: “Oh my God, I was such a fan of his on Queer As Folk. He has the ability to be really, really wicked smart and also just really kind of sexy and immersive, and his character, he pulls you in. He’s a seducer and I think all the great lawyers are seducers.”
Biography Normal_103-006

source: Wikipedia®

Last edited by Ally on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ally
Ally
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:29 pm

Personal Quotes

Arrow "I'm grateful for the attention, because it validates that I'm doing something"

Arrow "You have to like your character, because if you don't, no one else will either"

Arrow "I think it's good that men are being objectified because since forever women have been objectified. We're flipping the coin because things have been lopsided on TV and film for so long. Another good point to the show is that it portrays men's sensuality. They're not just all about sex and only sex"

Arrow "You are preparing yourself for a scene, and the most important thing is to remain emotionally available and remain in the moment with your scene partner. You don't want to let your own self-consciousness block the flow of creativity that's coming out so that you can act and react, and play what the scene is all about"

Arrow "I mean, let's face it, it's 2000 and people are beginning to wake up on some level. I think that, as I was saying earlier, there's just no denying the impact that showing people the truth can have. It allows people to understand themselves, and when you understand yourself you can understand the people around you. And then you can begin to let go of all the bullshit that leads into things like world wars, racism, stereotypes, and bigotry"

Arrow "If anyone can crack the publicity nut and figure out how to not come across hammy and contrived, I'd love to talk to them"

Arrow "I'm more interested in the quality of the work than its medium"

Arrow "Men have been watching women make love to each other in magazines and films forever. If you're sexually attracted to men, it stands to reason that you might like to see two men in a sexual situation It's a real baseline dynamic! And it changes the power struggle, because women never got to see that. That's a bizarre sociological result of the show [Queer As Folk]"

Arrow "Criticism is a surreal state, like a good drug gone bad. When it's bad you wish it would stop, and when it's good, you can't get enough"

source: imdb.com

Last edited by Ally on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ally
Ally
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:13 am

Other work: TV Commercial for Pontiac Aztek (2000)

Ally
Ally
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down