QueerAsFolk Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biography

Go down

Biography Empty Biography

Post by Ally Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Randy Harrison

Biography Untitled-13

Name : Randy Harrison
Birth Name : Randolph Clarke Harrison
Date of Birth : 2 November, 1977
Place of Birth : ashua, New Hampshire, U.S.
Nationality : American
Profession : Actor (theatre and screen)
Height : 5' 8"

Randy Harrison Trivia

Arrow Graduate of Pace Academy in Atlanta, Georgia

Arrow Father is a CEO of a paper company.

Arrow His only brother and sibling is a bank manager.

Arrow Mother is a thwarted artist.

Arrow Says he wanted to be an actor after his parents couldn't find a babysitter and had to take him to a production of Peter Pan.

source: wikipedia.com

Last edited by Ally on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ally
Ally
Admin
Admin

Virgo Posts : 1179

Back to top Go down

Biography Empty Re: Biography

Post by Ally Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Career

Harrison made his television debut playing Justin Taylor, a gay teen, in 2000's American version of Queer as Folk, the British television series. The series ran for five seasons, ending in 2005.
Biography 55_1188807272_1582887

In 2002, Harrison played the character "Sean" in a made-for-television movie entitled Bang Bang You're Dead, which is based on the play of the same name.
Biography Bang-bang-youre-dead-1

In 2002, Harrison starred in the play Deviant at the New York International Fringe Festival.

In the summer of 2004, Harrison made his Broadway debut as "Boq" in the musical Wicked.

He was cast in the Alabama Shakespeare Festival production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, presented in the Spring of 2006 by the SITI Company (where Harrison has studied extensively at through Skidmore College and in Manhattan).

In early 2007, he joined the cast of the Guthrie Theater's production of The Glass Menagerie as 'Young Tom'. He played the young Spenser in Christopher Marlowe's Edward the Second, in New York City in the winter of 2007-8.
In the spring of 2008 he appeared as "Eros" in Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra.

In the past few years, Harrison has become a regular actor at the Berkshire Theatre Festival, first in July 2005 being cast as Alan Strang, the lead character in Equus, returning to the mainstage in July 2006's Amadeus as the title role. At the 2007 Summer BTF, he was cast in two plays: in July taking the role of "Billy Bibbit" in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and in August he starred in Mrs. Warren's Profession as "Frank Gardner". In summer 2008 he played the role of Lucky in Waiting for Godot. The BTF showing of the play, and Harrison's performance in particular, garnered rave reviews from several publications, including Variety.

In 2006, Harrison co-founded the Arts Bureau (tAB), an umbrella organization encompassing theater, film, music, and writing. In July 2007, Harrison starred in the first play through tAB, a heartwarming story, ultimately, based on the work of Anton Chekhov. In late 2007/early 2008, Harrison shot and starred in the first tAB short film,Thinking, which tAB has been entering in several film festivals. In Summer 2008, tAB shot its first feature film, Return Shift Escape.

source: Wikipedia®
Ally
Ally
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:31 pm

Personal Quotes

Arrow "It's difficult for me to imagine Justin as a real person. He's so thoroughly a character created for serial television that his behavior, though dramatically justified on Queer as Folk, would register as childish, self-obsessed and absurd if it were displaced into the reality I'm familiar with. How could I be friends with someone who has nervous breakdowns at spilled marinara sauce, assaults high school enemies with small firearms, and has been systematically and repeatedly betrayed, lied to, condescended to, and humiliated by his boyfriend for four years? Were I placed into the TV wonderland of Queer as Folk, on the other hand, Justin and I would f**k once, realize we were twins separated at birth, and try to get our parents back together using elaborately quirky schemes. I'd most like to tell Justin to calm down. Maybe get him into a yoga class."

Arrow "What I've learned most while working on Queer as Folk has come really indirectly, less from playing Justin Taylor than from dealing with press, corporations, advertisers, the gay community, and fans of the show. I've learned the necessity of constantly realigning your perspective and the importance of standing up for yourself and being constantly aware that people are going to skew and censor you in order to make the idea of you better represent whatever agenda they've decided you'll promote. And it's all done so matter-of-factly, its such the status quo, that it becomes very simple to accept even though it completely corrodes the soul."

source: imdb.com
Ally
Ally
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down